Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Before and Afters

I don't really keep up on this blog. I'm quite sure I am the only one who ever sees it, but I wanted update it anyway. I want to have a place with all of my-well OUR projects. Joe and I did these together. With some of them he did all the work himself, and I just told him how I wanted it. Most we did together. Here they are:
                       The Hutch. We paid actually a lot ($70) for this bad boy, but he's our 2nd favorite piece. We kept him for ourselves.
After a LOT of red and white paint.The backing is just a piece of cardboard cut to size and covered with fabric.
 After we sanded the edges we rubbed black stain into the raw wood hoping that it would stain the wood, but wipe off of the paint. it hardly wiped off at all, but it still looked nice. I'm still reserving the right to sell him at some point. I'm hoping to make some big bucks off of him.
 The Hawkeye dresser! This piece we sold to a family who was redoing their 12 yr old son's room with a hawkeye theme. I'm not sure if we sold it for $100 or $150. I can't remember.

On the inside of the drawers we mod podged black and white scrapbook paper, and then painted a clear coat of poly so it wouldn't peel off.
 The small investment:  This bad boy was super cheap. We got him from a craiglist post for somewhere between $5 and $20-I can't remember.
 We used our leftover black paint that we already had and sold him for $150. Boom goes that dynamite!
 My sewing desk:  I think we paid around $30 for this at goodwill.
 Now she is my sewing desk/makeup vanity in my bedroom. easy peasy.

 Free dresser Joe found  by a dumpster at an apartment parking lot. I don't have a before picture, but we slapped some generic black paint and make a quick $50.
 The boys' table. I got this at a yard sale for $22. We used it and abused it for about 3 yrs as seen in this picture. Right before we made our last move we needed to make some money so I decided to say goodbye to it.
 I still had enough leftover teal pain to cover this. I also had some chalkboard paint I'd purchased 2 yrs before for $13, but I'd never opened. So I taped off the top and made this into a fun chalk-top table. A woman bought it for $50 her daughter who was 2. 
And this is our crowning jewel. Our orange dresser. Her detailed remake is in the previous post, but for the sake of having everything in one place, I added her to this one as well.
Before-kind of. This is after we sanded first:
 and added some wood glue to the rough spots
 Red coat.
 invisible crackle paint, and then orange on top.
 She's our favorite. We keep her as our TV stand in our living room. I will NEVER sell her.
So that's most of what we've done. The biggest projects, anyway.  I hope this serves as inspiration to your (or my) next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment