Sunday, August 8, 2010

Bringing Orange to the 20's

This was my first experience with an antique piece of furniture. This piece is, to date, my favorite. The result was great but more than that I think I love this dresser because of the time and effort that was put into it. Jessica had great vision when she chose the style and colors for the paint. When she first suggested that we go with a burnt orange color I was very skeptical that we would be able to pull it off but I was supportive.

We found this dresser at the local goodwill store for $16. Cosmetically it was really hurting. It was extremely unsturdy, the veneer was peeling off in many places, and the middle large drawer was broken and unusable. I figured that for the price it was worth a try to see if I could actually fix and restore this antique dresser.

Here are the 'Before' shots:
Beautiful old drawer pulls


Exteme damage on the bottom drawers veneer.

I felt it necessary to sand the dresser completely





1 comment: